An essential part of your roast and the finishing touch to your Sunday feast, when it comes to gravy, nothing beats homemade gravy.
Although pre-made options may be convenient, there is no comparison between that and the real thing.
Healthier, tastier and surprisingly easy to make, making a homemade gravy should be considered for your next roast dinner.
Using our Supreme Stainless-Steel roasting pan with rack, you too can create a delicious gravy with the left over juices.
Super simple to create, we have put together a simple guide on making a homemade gravy that you can attempt when serving your next roast.
Here are our top tips:
- Remove the cooked meat from your roasting pan
- With prepared carrots, onions and celery, place these into the bottom of the pan, covered in the meat juices and cook on a high heat until they caramelize.
- Add some flour to the vegetables and stir until it is no longer visible.
- Pour in enough stock to the roasting tin to make a gravy, adding more or little stock as you would like to create the perfect consistency, stir while you pour.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes, adding an optional splash of balsamic vinegar or soy sauce to make the gravy browner, while herbs such as bay leaves or thyme can add an additional flavour.
- Using a strainer, strain your gravy into your jug, pressing down on the vegetables to release their natural juices.
Incredibly simple to create, when it comes to making your own homemade gravy, here at Dexam we have the ideal tool for the job.
Once you have created your gravy, with the use of the Dexam Gravy Separator in two different sizes, 1000ml and 300ml, you can separate the gravy and the fat.
Easy to use, this simple and valuable tool allows the fat from the gravy float to the top as a thick layer, while any fat at the bottom of the gravy will remain inside of the gravy separator when poured.
Promising delicious, healthy and fat free gravy, this gravy separator is made from clear acrylic and is dishwasher safe for convenient cleaning.
This tool is ideal not just for homemade gravy, but also for stock, soup or sauce.
To shop our gravy separator or to stock up on essential roasting tools, head over to our website to find more essential tools and gadgets.