Looking after your Charles Viancin Lids is easy with our tips!
If you’re anything like us, you can’t help but get a bit excited when you discover another great gadget or device to make cooking delicious meals or baking up a storm quicker, easier or more convenient. When we discovered the fun, bright Charles Viancin lids we couldn’t wait to try them out and were delighted at how brilliantly they kept our food fresh, while adding a splash of colour to the kitchen.
Charles Viancin lids are made from BPA- free silicone which is a bonus for the environment while remaining durable and sturdy so you can rest assured that you’ll be able to use them for a long time, providing you take good care of them that is!
When it comes to use and care of new kitchen products, it’s always good to investigate how to use them properly, how to clean them, where to store them, whether they are dishwasher proof and so on. Doing so will ensure that you get the most out of your purchase and that it keeps working as it should for years to come.
So we’ve created this handy guide to enable you to do just that!
Get the best out of your Charles Viancin lids by following these simple care tips:
Care and cleaning of your Charles Viancin lids
Keeping your lids clean will make sure no food debris stains them or builds up around the edges. To keep them in the best condition:
- Clean the lid thoroughly after each time you use it and make sure no food or liquid residue remains on the lid.
- Dry the lid thoroughly after washing to avoid damp or mould appearing.
- Use a non-abrasive sponge and washing up liquid – avoid harsh soaps which could damage or weaken the silicone.
- Avoid exposing the lid to direct heat or flame as this could burn it, causing discolouration and even damage such as holes or misshaping. (The good news is the lid is perfect to use in the microwave, on the hob and is also safe to go inside of the oven, with heat resistance up to 220°C, so really just try not to set fire to it!)
- Don’t chop or slice food directly on the surface of the lid to ensure it doesn’t get scratched or cut.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight over long periods as this could cause the colours to fade.
- Only use the lid for its intended purpose.
Is the Charles Viancin lid dishwasher safe?
The great news is that you can put your Charles Viancin lid straight into the dishwasher which means you can clean it without hassle. Some tips when loading your lids into the dishwasher include:
- Placing them securely on the top shelf of the dishwasher so water jets will not force them loose.
- Make sure glasses and crockery are securely stacked in your dishwasher, so nothing comes loose which could potentially damage the product.
- Keep salt levels topped up and filters debris free to ensure your dishwasher works well every time.
Hand washing your Charles Viancin lids
Of course, not every kitchen comes with a dishwasher, and you may just prefer doing this the good old fashioned way, so If you choose to hand wash your lids make sure you use warm, soapy water and a soft cloth or sponge.
Dry your lid with a soft tea towel, or alternatively stack it on a rack to air dry – but do avoid drying close to a heat source which could damage the product.
Removing stains and odours
Who doesn’t love cooking with vibrant colours and strong flavours? However, doing so can cause chaos in your kitchen when it comes to lingering smells or staining. If you have used your Charles Viancin lid on a pot or dish with coloured, oily or strong-smelling food, you may find that the food stains or an odour remain. To tackle this, you can:
- Make a paste made from baking soda and water and clean the lid.
- Pack damp newspaper into the lid and leave it in there for around 24 hours before removing it and then gently washing.
- Soak the lid in a mixture of ordinary and dishwashing soap.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the lid to coat it, wait ten seconds and then rinse.
- Clean the lid with a with a part vinegar and part water mix.
- Leave the lid loose (i.e. not on a pot or container) when not using it to let it air out.
Storing your Charles Viancin lid
When not in use you can make sure your lid lasts by storing it carefully in your kitchen! To store the lid properly you should make sure you keep your lids separate from sharp or abrasive objects and keep lids loose when you aren’t using them too.
These simple care tips will ensure that your fun, colourful and oh-so useful Charles Viancin lids stay that way, and continue to brighten up your kitchen while providing a practical solution to keeping kitchen mess to a minimum and your food fresh and tasty for longer.